Becoming wealthy isn’t just for the rich who invest large sums of money, its also about initially earning money.
“The first $100,000 is a bitch, but you gotta do it. I don’t care what you have to do—if it means walking everywhere and not eating anything that wasn’t purchased with a coupon, find a way to get your hands on $100,000. After that, you can ease off the gas a little bit.”– Charlie Munger
Here we are only going to look at ways of earning money from home (i.e. working for it). You can also earn money by letting it work for you (i.e. investing and earning passive income), however, that is discussed under another topic. You have to initially have the money before your able to invest it!
Benefits from Working At Home
Here we will discuss how you can earn money working at home. Working at home has many advantages including:
- Saving travel time – In America, the average commute time is nearly 30 mins. If you include travel both before and after work, that’s 1 hour (which equates to just over 4% of your day). What else could you be doing with this time? Earning money, learning a new language, spending time with the family? As the saying goes – “time is money”.
- Saving travel costs – This includes a couple of expenses that you can save on.
- Petrol or Gas money (including electricity costs for those with electric cars)
- Bus or Train ticket fees
- Car maintenance
- Not having to spend an hour and a half on the road, or public transport will Depending on your travel costs (either public transport or fuel for cars (incl electricity))
- Wardrobe costs – Not having to dress up for work can save you on the cost of work clothes (suits etc,) and the cost of dry cleaning
- Food – No need to buy lunches or coffees each day.
- Tax incentives – depending on your country, you can claim tax breaks for the work you do at home (i.e. internet costs, computer costs, electricity etc.)
Below you will find my most up to date list of ways that you can work at home to earn money.
Creating Own Website – Blogging / WooCommerce / Dropshipping / Niche Marketing
By creating your own website, there are so many different ways that you can make money. Many websites make money (i.e. monetisation) through:
- selling a product
- self-publishing a book
- showing advertisements
- drop shipping (i.e. buying from a wholesaler and selling to public)
- affiliate commission
- the list continues…
Become an AirBNB Host
By becoming an
Transcribing as a Transcriptionist
You can get paid for sitting at your computer and writing out what you hear coming through your speakers. There is no experience or upfront costs required (apart from a computer and internet connection), and through companies such as
Teaching English Online
Do you have a bachelor’s degree? In that case, you may be able to teach English online! A quick google search for “teaching English online” quickly shows multiple companies including Teach Away and VIPKID. Classes generally run for just shy of half an hour, and earnings vary from $18-$22 per hour.